Dion Whitehead Amago
- 2011-present Senior Software Engineer at Idle Games, Inc.
- 2011-2012 Independent software developer.
- 2008-2010 Software developer at Three Rings Design. Designed web-based multiplayer online games.
- 2005-2008 Postdoc fellowship, Institute of Evolution & Biodiversity, Münster University, Germany.
- Statistical programming and visualization (using R, Python, and a Matlab).
- Microarray analysis, mostly with Bioconductor, and visualization.
- Modeling and simulations, especially large scale distributed simulations.
- Databases, both SQL and NoSQL, in order of experience: MySql, PostgreSql, Redis.
- Distributed computing (Condor, for simulations), and cloud computing (Amazon Cloudfront).
- Web development, client and servers-side.
- Regarding bioinformatics, computational biology, and web development, I can probably built it quickly and effectively.
- Languages: English (primary), German (teaching level).
- Version control systems, SVN and Git primarily.
- Bioinformatics I Practicals: Molekulare Evolution und Genomik (German)
- Bioinformatics III (Biocomputing: Python) Lectures     
- Introduction to R: Lecture 1 (R basics) pdf, Lecture 2 (Statistics up to 2-way ANOVA) pdf, Data sets used in R lectures: Beet.csv, worms.txt“, drugs.txt, drugs2.txt
- Introduction to Microarrays (German) pdf
- I love technology, and greatly enjoy programming, especially Haxe and Python. I am lucky to have my hobby also be my profession.
- I am greatly interested in evolution, as I see this as the most exciting story on the planet, a story with an immense history, and an exciting but uncertain future.
- How gene networks evolve during development, stress response, and in the presence of biochemical noise.
- Microarray analysis, as applied to plant stress response.
- How mutations affect evolution, e.g. gene duplications and phenotypic mutations.
- Visualisation of complex data.
- Evolutionary adaption to noise by signalling networks.
D. Whitehead, L. Wissler.
- Osmotic and salt stress response in Arabidopsis.
D. Whitehead, J. Kilian, J. Kudla and E. Bornberg-Bauer. In revision.
- The look-ahead effect of phenotypic mutations.. D. Whitehead, Claus Wilke, D. Vernazobres
and E. Bornberg-Bauer. *Biology Direct * (2008).
- The AtGenExpress global stress expression data set: Protocols, evaluation and model data analysis of UV-B light, drought and cold stress responses. J. Kilian, D. Whitehead, J. Horak, D.
Wanke, S. Weinl, O. Batistic, C. D’Angelo, E. Bornberg-Bauer, J. Kudla and K. Harter. Plant J (2007).
- Chapter 13: Evolution of Regulatory Networks, Systems Biology Applied to Toxicogenomics. Amelie Veron, Dion Whitehead, et. el François Képès (ed.). World Scientific (2007).
- Reconstructing gene function and gene regulatory networks in prokaryotes. Dion Whitehead. PhD Thesis (2005).
- Handbook of Toxicogenomics: Strategies and Applications 13: Systems Biology Applied to Toxicogenomics. Klaus Prank, Matthias Hoechsmann, Bjoern Oleson, Thomas Schmidt, Leila Taher, Dion Whitehead, Jürgen Borlak (ed.). John Wiley & Sons (2005).
- Evaluating an Evolutionary Approach for Reconstructing Gene Regulatory Networks. Whitehead, D. and Skusa, A. and Kennedy, P.J. Ninth International Conference on the Simulation and
Synthesis of Living Systems (2004).